Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Vacation time





















I am fluttering away from my keyboard for a holiday in and around the Rockies (thus squandering more than another year of carbon credit from frantic pedaling).


I hope in the meantime ‘Blogger’ might put itself back to aesthetic rights, as it is looking sub-basic at the moment, and I can’t be bothered for now fishing about in the HTML tags to try to put things right.


My image is a composite from Thomas Marent’s Butterfly: A Photographic Portrait, which has been delighting me recently. These are Colombian eighty-eights and eighty nines (Diaethria clymena) – ‘this our life, exempt from public haunt / Finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, / Sermons in stones, and good in everything’.


http://www.amazon.co.uk/Butterfly-Photographic-Portrait-Dk-Reference/dp/1405325402/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216719908&sr=1-1


As I gad off enjoying myself, I will not forget my late companion Anthony Maynard, whose funeral was yesterday:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7518329.stm


No comments: